Local leadership and regional excellence in medical laboratory education
Program message :
The Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Program at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Science and Technology seeks to prepare and graduate a cadre specialized in laboratory diagnostics; Equipped with outstanding professional and scientific capabilities and skills; It contributes to community service and scientific research through a distinguished educational environment, efficient staff, modern curricula, and using modern teaching and learning techniques in accordance with quality standards and academic accreditation.
The medical laboratory specialization is offered at the University of Science and Technology over a period of 4 academic years, including 144 hours of theoretical and training hours. The teaching medium is based on the use of Arabic for the requirements and English for the specialized subjects.
Comparison Test Materials: (Biology – Chemistry – English).
- Providing students with scientific and professional knowledge and skills in medical laboratory sciences.
- Providing the community with competencies specialized in laboratory diagnosis.
- Contribute to providing distinguished health and research services in solving community health problems.
- Establishing effective relationships and partnerships with relevant institutions
- Using modern methods in the teaching and learning process.
- Full-time qualified teaching staff, scientifically and practically qualified.
- A certificate accredited locally – regionally.
- Modern curricula that meet quality requirements and standards.
- An appropriate learning environment.
- Equipped and advanced laboratories.
- Teaching in specific and small groups to obtain an outstanding level.
- Teaching some requirements that give the student the skills of communication, leadership and critical thinking.
- Laboratory training for students in the college laboratories.
- The possibility of continuing to study to obtain a bachelor’s degree in accordance with the conditions of higher education.
Admission and registration requirements
- A high school diploma in the Republic of Yemen, or its equivalent, is accepted in the major, at the rate determined annually by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Submit all the required documents, certified with the application for admission to the university, to the Admission and Registration Department.
- Admission is made according to the capacity specified by the university and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The student undertakes to abide by the regulations, instructions and regulations of the university in force during the study.
- Students enrolled in some college programs are subject to differentiation tests, which are a criterion for college admission, and this is done through placement determination, a personal interview, as well as a GPA competition and an admission test.
Documents required for high school graduates:
- . The application form for admission (admission) with the completion of all the information contained therein, in accordance with the conditions of the university.
- The original certified high school certificate or its equivalent, accompanied by a true copy.
- If the secondary school is from outside Yemen, it will be baptized (original + copy) from the following authorities:
- The Ministry of Education in the country from which the certificate was issued.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the certificate is issued.
- Embassy of the Republic of Yemen in the country from which the certificate is issued.
If the high school diploma is from a non-Arab country, it will be translated after ratification and ratification of the translated copy (according to Paragraph No. 3 above), in addition to its equivalency at the Ministry of Education in the Republic of Yemen.
- A copy of the personal or family card for Yemeni students.
- Six personal photos (4×6) with a white front background.
- Photocopies of the first eight pages of the passport (for non-Yemenis), provided that the passport is valid for more than one year, with a record of residing in Yemen for at least one year.
A graduate of Diagnostic Medicine can work in a number of fields, the most important of which are:
- Work in the health sector such as hospitals, blood banks and reference laboratories
- Work in pharmaceutical factories, medical supplies and scientific research centers.
- Work with government agencies in examining specifications and standards for imported and locally manufactured foods
- Work in pharmaceutical companies in the department of quality control and development.
- Working in the marketing of medical devices and equipment with medical supplies companies