The Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics Program is one of the three programs of the Department of Health Sciences. The program grants a bachelor’s degree. The program includes theoretical and practical courses that qualify the student on the significant impact of food on human health, in addition to identifying the integrative effect that therapeutic nutrition plays in treating food-related diseases such as (diabetes, obesity Cardiology) The program also recommends adequate attention to associated societal and behavioral issues and dietary patterns.
Leadership and excellence locally and regionally in the education of therapeutic nutrition and diets.
The Bachelor of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics program at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Science and Technology seeks to prepare a cadre with high practical and professional competencies in specialization and to contribute to the development of clinical nutrition research and services in the community through a distinguished educational environment and modern curricula with efficient and distinguished academic and administrative staff using the latest modern educational means According to quality standards and academic accreditation.
- The Bachelor of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics specialization is offered at the University of Science and Technology over a period of 4 academic years, including 138 hours of theoretical and training hours. The teaching medium is based on the use of Arabic for the requirements and English for the specialized subjects.Comparison Test Materials: (Biology – Chemistry – English).
- Providing students with various professional knowledge and skills in the field of therapeutic nutrition and diets in response to the requirements of society and the labor market.
- Preparing highly qualified cadres in the field of therapeutic nutrition and diets.
- Enhance students’ thinking and problem solving skills through research and effective communication that enable them to deal with various nutritional issues.
- Providing a teaching and learning environment that keeps pace with professional and technological progress.
- Strengthening the relationship with all relevant authorities
- Full-time qualified teaching staff, scientifically and practically qualified.
- A certificate accredited locally – regionally.
- Modern curricula that meet quality requirements and standards.
- An appropriate learning environment.
- Equipped and advanced laboratories.
- Teaching in specific and small groups to obtain an outstanding level.
- Teaching some requirements that give the student the skills of communication, leadership and critical thinking.
- Laboratory training for students in college laboratories.
- The possibility of continuing to study to obtain a bachelor’s degree in accordance with the conditions of higher education.
Admission and registration requirements
- A high school diploma in the Republic of Yemen, or its equivalent, is accepted in the major, at the rate determined annually by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Submit all the required documents, certified with the application for admission to the university, to the Admission and Registration Department.
- Admission is made according to the capacity specified by the university and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The student undertakes to abide by the regulations, instructions and regulations of the university in force during the study.
- Students enrolled in some college programs are subject to differentiation tests, which are a criterion for college admission, and this is done through placement determination, a personal interview, as well as a GPA competition and an admission test.
Documents required for high school graduates:
- . The application form for admission (admission) with the completion of all the information contained therein, in accordance with the conditions of the university.
- The original certified high school certificate or its equivalent, accompanied by a true copy.
- If the secondary school is from outside Yemen, it will be baptized (original + copy) from the following authorities:
- The Ministry of Education in the country from which the certificate was issued.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the certificate is issued.
- Embassy of the Republic of Yemen in the country from which the certificate is issued.
If the high school diploma is from a non-Arab country, it will be translated after ratification and ratification of the translated copy (according to Paragraph No. 3 above), in addition to its equivalency at the Ministry of Education in the Republic of Yemen.
- A copy of the personal or family card for Yemeni students.
- Six personal photos (4×6) with a white front background.
- Photocopies of the first eight pages of the passport (for non-Yemenis), provided that the passport is valid for more than one year, with a record of residing in Yemen for at least one year.
- Work in the medical field within hospitals and medical centers.
- Dietitians work in schools and universities where they supervise students’ diets
- Work in hospitals, medical centers, nutrition clinics and food companies
- Work in the areas of quality, research and development in food factories and valley companies.
- Work in universities and scientific research centers.