Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Education
The deanship of E-learning and distance education is one of the distinctive deanship at the University of Science and Technology (UST), Yemen. The deanship was founded to provide education to all students who are interested to seek equal opportunities in education, regardless of any consideration.
The University (UST) has established joint cooperation agreements with many open education universities such as, Open University Malaysia (OUM), Al-Quds Open University, and Sudan Open University. It was also awarded the prize of distinction and innovation in the open education for the year 2011, by the Arab Network for Open Education and Distance Learning among the Arab countries.
E- learning (online): it consists of various programs and systems as it follows:
- LMS: http://www.dl.ust.edu.y
- E-Radio: ust.edu/radio
- Virtual Classrooms: http://vlr.ust.edu
- E-Library: http://www.dl.ust.edu.ye/library/index.htm
- TV Studio which is the best studio in Yemen
To become one of the leading open universities regionally and distinctive globally.
The Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Education at the University of Science and Technology is dedicated to provide a distinctive educational, community and research service for learners who are unable to enroll in traditional education, in a manner that meets the needs of the labor market locally, regionally and internationally through efficient academic, administrative and technical staff, and the application of educational technologies in accordance with international standards for open education and comprehensive quality, committed to professional ethics.
- Providing university education opportunities for those who are unable to enroll in the traditional education.
- Providing an educational and research environment that meets the requirements of e-learning and distance education.
- Developing and qualifying human cadres to meet the requirements of e-learning and distance education.
- Contributing to providing the society and the labor market with the needs and qualified cadres.
- Expanding partnership with open universities at the regional and international levels.
- International Business Administration
- Public Relations and Advertising Program
- Business Administration program
- Sharia and Law Program
- Islamic Studies Program
- Arabic language program