The Radiology and Medical Imaging Technology Program at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Science and Technology seeks to graduate qualified specialists in radiology and medical imaging technology, as well as capable of continuing education to contribute to improving the health situation and serving the community locally and regionally.
The program links cooperation and exchange of experiences with faculties and programs of radiology and medical imaging in the regional environment.
- Providing students with different knowledge and skills in the field of radiology technology, medical imaging and its supporting sciences.
- Providing the community with a cadre specialized in radiology and medical imaging technology with distinguished competencies and skills.
- 3. Develop students’ communication skills, analyze problems, formulate solutions, and use modern technologies in their field of specialization.
- 4. Contribute to community service and solve its health problems through a distinguished professional and research environment.
- 5. Develop relationships and initiate experiences with similar programs and relevant authorities
- The program is considered one of the latest programs at the local level.
- The program provides a distinguished education service through a distinguished specialized staff and through the capabilities and facilities of the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, including modern laboratories and radiology departments equipped with the latest equipment, especially the Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Science and Technology Hospital and the Medical Complex of the College, in addition to the radiology departments in public government hospitals. .
- The program provides a qualitative, unmixed education for girls within the female branch, in which all students are available
- The capabilities and equipment that the program enjoys in the Boys Branch.
- The program provides an appropriate learning environment through scientific activities, services and various student activities
1. Working in government and private hospitals.
2. Work in health care centers and dispensaries.
3. Work in radiology and medical imaging clinics and centers.
4. Managing radiology and medical imaging departments, clinics, and centers.
5. Work in diagnostic radiology and medical imaging equipment companies.
6. Teaching in colleges and health institutes.
7. Work in relevant research institutions.
8. Possibility to continue postgraduate studies in the field of specialization (Master’s and Ph.D.).
Admission and registration requirements
- A high school diploma in the Republic of Yemen, or its equivalent, is accepted in the major, at the rate determined annually by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Submit all the required documents, certified with the application for admission to the university, to the Admission and Registration Department.
- Admission is made according to the capacity specified by the university and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The student undertakes to abide by the regulations, instructions and regulations of the university in force during the study.
- Students enrolled in some college programs are subject to differentiation tests, which are a criterion for college admission, and this is done through placement determination, a personal interview, as well as a GPA competition and an admission test.
Documents required for high school graduates:
- . The application form for admission (admission) with the completion of all the information contained therein, in accordance with the conditions of the university.
- The original certified high school certificate or its equivalent, accompanied by a true copy.
- If the secondary school is from outside Yemen, it will be baptized (original + copy) from the following authorities:
- The Ministry of Education in the country from which the certificate was issued.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the certificate is issued.
- Embassy of the Republic of Yemen in the country from which the certificate is issued.
If the high school diploma is from a non-Arab country, it will be translated after ratification and ratification of the translated copy (according to Paragraph No. 3 above), in addition to its equivalency at the Ministry of Education in the Republic of Yemen.
- A copy of the personal or family card for Yemeni students.
- Six personal photos (4×6) with a white front background.
- Photocopies of the first eight pages of the passport (for non-Yemenis), provided that the passport is valid for more than one year, with a record of residing in Yemen for at least one year.