Regional leadership and global excellence in medical education
The Bachelor of General Medicine and Surgery program at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences – University of Science and Technology seeks to graduate doctors with scientific qualifications and research skills, who are competitive locally and regionally, are committed to medical ethics and are capable of continuous learning, to contribute to the advancement of the local and global health status; Partnership with relevant authorities, by adopting advanced, community-oriented curricula, and modern technologies in accordance with quality standards and academic accreditation.
- Ethical and professional standards of medical practice.
- Objectivity, transparency, and the principle of accountability.
- Responsibility towards society.
- work as one team.
- Quality and Excellence.
- Encouraging self and creative initiatives.
- Long-Term Learning
- The College of Medicine and Health Sciences at the University of Science and Technology has adopted the Medicine and Surgery program as a modern study system in medical education, and this system is based on the horizontal and vertical integration of basic and clinical subjects in medicine, where the vocabulary of these subjects is concentrated on the different organs of the body (System-based content) from all subjects , as well as problem-based learning, and community-oriented learning.
- The Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery program is based on a semester-based system of Integrative Educational Groups (BLLC)
Admission and registration requirements
- A high school diploma in the Republic of Yemen, or its equivalent, is accepted in the major, at the rate determined annually by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Submit all the required documents, certified with the application for admission to the university, to the Admission and Registration Department.
- Admission is made according to the capacity specified by the university and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- The student undertakes to abide by the regulations, instructions and regulations of the university in force during the study.
- Students enrolled in some college programs are subject to differentiation tests, which are a criterion for college admission, and this is done through placement determination, a personal interview, as well as a GPA competition and an admission test.
Documents required for high school graduates:
- . The application form for admission (admission) with the completion of all the information contained therein, in accordance with the conditions of the university.
- The original certified high school certificate or its equivalent, accompanied by a true copy.
- If the secondary school is from outside Yemen, it will be baptized (original + copy) from the following authorities:
- The Ministry of Education in the country from which the certificate was issued.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the certificate is issued.
- Embassy of the Republic of Yemen in the country from which the certificate is issued.
If the high school diploma is from a non-Arab country, it will be translated after ratification and ratification of the translated copy (according to Paragraph No. 3 above), in addition to its equivalency at the Ministry of Education in the Republic of Yemen.
- A copy of the personal or family card for Yemeni students.
- Six personal photos (4×6) with a white front background.
- Photocopies of the first eight pages of the passport (for non-Yemenis), provided that the passport is valid for more than one year, with a record of residing in Yemen for at least one year.
- Work in hospitals and clinics.
- Work in primary health care centers
- Work in the Ministry of Health.
- Work for the World Health Organization and other civil society organizations.
- Consulting work in hospitals, medical companies and health authorities.
- Academic work in health colleges.
- Work in scientific research centers
The program aims to:
- Providing the community with doctors with distinguished scientific and professional research qualifications.
- Developing the program in accordance with quality standards and academic accreditation.
- Contribute to providing an educational and research environment for faculty members and students to carry out various scientific research that advances the health reality.
- Contribute to providing outstanding health services to the community.
- Contribute with the relevant authorities to build and develop a national health system based on sound scientific foundations.