Faculty of Dentistry
The dental faculty is one of the premier faculties at the University of Science and Technology (UST) in Yemen. It was established in 1994 under the resolution of the Ministry of Higher Education No. (2/94). The study duration in the faculty is five years along with one-year internship.
To achieve the leadership in dentistry through producing competent dentists at the regional and global level.
The Dental faculty strives to be one of the premier faculties at the local, regional and international level, through raising the performance level in the academic and administrative aspects, providing conducive environment for learning and training and conducting practical research, as well as upscale therapeutic services to the community. It also seeks to produce competent dentists capable to apply their skills and experiences that they have learned with efficiency.
- Provide high level of education and training to ensure rehabilitation of dentists with high standards of efficiency.
- Develop the curricula and course structures to ensure the student’s involvement in the self-learning process and development of continuing education to meet the standards of quality and accreditation.
- Provide oral and dental health service to the people through dental clinics in the college.
- Develop skills of faculty members to keep pace with the developments in the methods of teaching and learning process.
- Activate the partnership and development of relations with the other dental colleges/peers and institutions of scientific research locally, regionally and internationally.
- Contact with the graduates of the college and link them with the college to develop their research and professional expertise.
- Internship Program
- Dental and Oral Medicine and Surgery (bachelor)
- Dental Technology (Diploma)